- Indonesia is found in South East Asia and is known officially as the Republic of Indonesia. Its capital is Jakarta
- It is the largest archiepelego in the world having about 17,508 islands.
- Their official language is Indonesian Bahasa although most people also speak English
- It is the worlds largest Muslim majority nation and is open to all religions .
- The men and women do not generally mix and thus you will find Men and Women sitting in separate areas in most public transport.
- The population of Indonesia is over 260 million people . There are over 200 ethnic groups, which translates to lots of cultures to learn about.
- It has varied biodiversity attractions from over 400 active volcanoes, to being home to the Komodo dragon
- Most places and homes use water in the toilet instead of tisssue paper. Ensure you carry adequate supply of tissue as you move around
- The women generally dress modestly, kindly try to comply and only deviate in an area that allows this.
- Kenyans require a visa prior to travel thus ensure you get a visa from their Indonesian Embassy in your country.
For my Indonesia escapades, check out: