1.It is officially known as the Republic of Singapore and it is such a small country that its capital city is called Singapore
2. It is located in South East Asia and its neighbouring countries are Malaysia and Indonesia
3.Their official languages are English, Malay, Mandarin and Tamil.
4. It was colonized by England and Japan, and had previously merged with Malaysia before becoming independent.
5.It is one of the worlds major commercial and financial hubs
6) Singapore has one of the Best Airports I have ever visited.They have computers that you can use for free while you wait,they allow free calls within Singapore on their public phone or use of your credit card to call internationally.
7.The citizens are called Singaporeans and as per my experience, they are very impersonal. It was rare to see people laughing, talking or communicating even on public transport let alone on the streets.
8. Singapore is one of the safest countries in the world. One can move around at any time, regardless of gender with hardly any worry. I had a feeling that I was being watched the whole time I was there.
9. It is a very quite country with hardly any traffic.
10) It is Visa free for Kenyans on tourism and thus one receives a free 30day tourist visa at the airport. Ensure you have all your travel documents and requirements in order
For my Singapore exploration, check out: