- It is officially known as the United Republic of Tanzania
- The official language in Tanzania is Kiswahili
- It is bordered by 8 countries, Kenya and Uganda to the north; Rwanda, Burundi and Democratic Republic of Congo to the West, Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique to the South .
- It is home to mount Kilimanjaro, the highest free standing mountain in the world and the highest mountain in Africa standing at 5895m
- Tanzania is home to the world’s largest inactive, intact and unfilled volcanic crater, Ngorongoro. It has a diameter of 19kms and is 600m deep and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Three of the largest lakes in Africa are found here-Lake Tanganyika, Lake Victoria and Lake Nyasa
- It has over 120 tribes and a population of about 56 million
- Some of the worlds oldest settlements have been found in Olduvai Gorge in Tanzania and it is a UNESCO World Heritage
- The island of Zanzibar is part of Tanzania
- A Kenyan does not require a visa to visit Tanzania
For more on my Tanzania escapades that focus on Hiking Mount Kilimanjaro:
Pingback: TANGA BEACH RESORT AND SPA – Modish Editorial.