1.The country is officially known as the Republic of Philippines.
2. It is located in South East Asia and is made up of 7641islands. It is divided into three regions, Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao and its capital city is Manila.
3. The formal languages spoken are Tagalog and English. However, as one travels to different regions, the residents will prefer to speak the dominant language of the areae.g if you visit the Visayas Region, they speak Bisaya
4. They are the largest Christian nation in Asia and the worlds forth largest Christian country with the majority being Catholic.
5.It was colonized by three countries, Spain, Japan and America.
6.The airport charges tax-cash.Therefore, make sure you always carry cash, in Pesos- that you will pay as tax at all the airport whenever you are departing. This is regardless of whether its a local or international flight.
7.They have traditional mens clothing called Barong Tagalog, which is transparent in nature and made from bananas. It is mainly worn in formal functions and even to the office. History says that, they had to have the see through outfit during the Spanish colonization to allow the Spaniards to be able to see that they were not carrying any hidden weapons.
8. Transportation is easily accesible with everything from flights, buses, taxis, and the Jeepney. I highly recommend you ride in a jeepney one or several as you haven’t been to Philippines if you haven’t ridden in one.
9. Their hospitality will win your heart-it did mine. Special shout out to majority of their men-they are gentlemen and very respectful of women. I would experience this first hand when on different occasions; strangers assisted me to carry my luggage across bridges and up and down flights of stairs. Thank You very much. Ladies, I highly recommend you visit this place and discover chivalry isn’t dead.
10. It is Visa free for Kenyans on tourism and thus one receives a free 30day tourist visa at the airport. Ensure you have all your travel documents and requirements in order.
For my Philippines exploits check out: